Do you struggle to pay heating or cooling bills each month? Does it seem as if your home is hard to heat and cool? Do you notice drafts around doors and windows?
If so, your home may need weatherization to make it more energy-efficient. If you meet income guidelines, you may be eligible for a federally-funded program that can provide FREE assistance.
- Here's what one happy homeowner reported:
"My utility bills are lower than ever.... You are the angels my son and I desperately needed."
-- Patricia, Wendell, NC
- Sealing air leaks so your home is not losing warmed or cooled air to the outside
- Installing insulation in attics, walls, and floors
- Sealing and insulating ducts
- Installing a smart thermostat
- Replacing existing lighting with energy-efficient bulbs
- Performing tune-ups and repairs to heating and cooling systems
This program targets families with incomes below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (see chart below for details), households receiving TANF, and households that include at least one member who receives SSI. People of any age may apply, but elderly or disabled people, and families with children receive priority when funds are limited.
You don't even have to own your home in order to qualify! You can get weatherization done on a home you are renting as long as your landlord is willing to participate.
For more information, call 713-1556 or 713-1570.
Resources for Seniors administers the Weatherization program for Wake County, NC. For information about programs serving other counties in North Carolina, please contact the North Carolina Energy Office, Weatherization Assistance program at (919) 733-2230.
Income Guidelines (Effective July 1, 2014-June 30, 2015)
|Family Size||Annual Income|
|Each Additional Household Member||Add $8,120|